In the Philippines, with 73 Filipinos die of TB every day. An estimated 200,000 to 600,000 Filipinos have active TB. Each year, a patient with active
In the Philippines, with 73 Filipinos die of TB every day. An estimated 200,000 to 600,000 Filipinos have active TB. Each year, a patient with active TB will infect 10 other Filipinos.
The symptoms of TB are a cough, weight loss, fatigue, fever in the afternoon, sweating at night and no appetite. If you have symptoms or if you have with you at home with TB, consult the doctor.
Advice on TB:
1. Do not infect other people. Follow the doctor’s advice and take the medicine for 6 or 9 months. When the patients with TB treatment, likely contaminate all with him at home, especially children.
2. Stay at home for the first 3 weeks of treatment. Do not go to school or work. Your sputum and saliva can infect others.
3. Open the windows in your room. Do aside along with others within 3 weeks.
4. Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue in the trash.
5. If you want to leave your home, you can wear a face mask.
6. It is important to end the 6 or 9 months of treatment for TB. Do not stop it without doctor’s permission.
7. Follow a healthy lifestyle and avoid vices. Eat healthy to stay strong.
8. Be positive in your outlook. Pursue your hobbies and activities. After your treatment is a higher risk that you will be healed.
Advice to health workers:
1. Use the DOTS strategy or Directly Observed Therapy Short Course. This means there is a health worker or relative to watch over the patient while taking her medicine every day.
2. What happens when the patient stopped the treatment of TB in 2 weeks or more? In this case, the patient will need to repeat the 6 months of treatment.
3. Hope check-up every month the patient to his doctor. It is to assess the effects of drugs and side effects if you meet it.
4. When taking medicine for TB will be orange urine of patients. This is normal and pursue the treatment.
5. Most of the patients were healed after 6 months of treatment. We expect continued his recovery