I love to watch television and read books about health and I usually write all I have learned here on the NewsPresenter.net blog. Just last week, as
I love to watch television and read books about health and I usually write all I have learned here on the NewsPresenter.net blog. Just last week, as I watched a TV program in the Philippines a very nice and helpful topic was discussed and while I’m watching, my two hands were busy working on my computer to jot down the tips they gave.The topic was about the protection of the rights and dignity of patients.
Dra. Teresita Sanchez is a respected physician and also a great lawyer with her two of professions she can see every angle of the problem. Dra. Sanchez is Kind and considerate, so she is respected in the community.
Read also: Itching: What to do?
1. Right to know his real pain.
There is a chance that demand relative to conceal the real pain of the patient. This difficult situation and must weigh what is good for patients.
2. Right to know the treatment and possible complications.
The patient’s medication or surgery that needs to be done to the patient must be explained thoroughly by the attending physician.
3. Right to figure out an alternative treatment for his illness.
It would be nice if all doctors are providing options to patients. There are a more expensive way and a cheaper treatment.
4. The right to respect and giving consideration to the patient.
This is maybe the most important. Rich or poor should give enough care.
5. Right to know the private matters about his illness.
The doctor should not tell to others the sensitive details about the person’s illness, especially if the pain is very sensitive.
6. The right to refuse treatment then explained to her the benefits and risks of it.
Eventually, the patient still decides on his body. The doctor is there only to provide advice.
7. Right to obtain her medical records and laboratory results.
I always teach patients to photocopy and put the folder all the lab results. Take each folder consulted a doctor. Invaluable.
8. Right to know each billing item in the hospital.
The eight listed rights here are what every doctor, nurse, and patient need to know. Thanks to the advice of Attorney and Dr. Teresita Sanchez.