It is common to have a fever three times per year. Usually, flu, cold, cough are the reasons. A fever is the way of the body to fight infection. If t
It is common to have a fever three times per year. Usually, flu, cold, cough are the reasons.
A fever is the way of the body to fight infection. If there is fever, the blood comes from our skin and into the organs of the body. Consequently, it destroyed the infection.
If there is fever, here are the notes:
1. Make sure there is really a fever. Temperature changes we depend on our work. If we exercise, we could increase the temperature. When there is a hot weather and especially in the afternoon, we also increased temperature. The real fever has a temperature of 37.8 degrees Centigrade.
2. If there is no thermometer, you can use the skin on the back of our hands and put on the forehead or neck of the patient. It is more sensitive parts of the hand (fist down on the finger) compared with our hands.
3. Drink 8-12 glasses of water or fluid a day. Best water only, but you can also drink fruit juice. Drinking water lowers fever because it brings out the warmth of the body through urination.
4. Wipe the body with a wet towel. The fast wiping the hot parts of the body such as the groin, armpits, and neck are comforting the sick. Do not moisten the whole body, but only a few parts. When rubbing the body don’t dry it. Let voluntarily to evaporate the water to evaporate body heat.
5. Do not pack a blanket or jacket. Even if cold (due to increasing fever), do not wrap a blanket because that just increases the fever. Just wear comfortable clothes.
6. Your room must not be hot,.it must be comfortable. If using air-condition or electric fan, let it open. The fresh air will help the flow of oxygen.
7. Eat enough and nutritious. Do not believe in the saying that you should not eat when you have a fever. The body needs the energy to fight the disease. The porridge, fruit, and vegetables are good for the body.
8. Sleep and rest. It really strengthens the body.
9. Can take Paracetamol syrup or tablet every 4 hours when a high fever to 38.5 degrees Centigrade. Consult a doctor if in excess of 39 degrees fever, unwell or more than three days the fever.