How is measles become a contagious disease? A measles virus can be transmitted by a young child to another child by sneezing or coughing. When be
How is measles become a contagious disease? A measles virus can be transmitted by a young child to another child by sneezing or coughing. When being hit by measles, they will wait 8-12 days before the symptoms of measles appear.
Children with measles need to be separated. Children get contagious for 4 days before the symptoms of measles, and up to 5 days after rashes appear.
Measles is an infectious disease of children ages 6 months to 12 years. Measles comes from measles virus (the medical term is rubeola). Often children in poor countries develop measles.
The symptoms of measles are a cough, fever, colds and different rashes throughout the body. It starts with a fever that grows 4 to 5 days. Then, thick rashes appear from the face down the entire body. When you see a baby with measles, you know how it looks. After 4 to 5 days, the rashes and the fever will disappear.
Measles disease is serious because it can be complicated. One in every 10 children with measles will have ear infection that can spread to the brain. One in every 20 children will have pneumonia, and one in every 500 children die of measles.
Things you need to do:
- The baby needs long sleep and rest.
- When there is a high fever, the child shoud be wipe by warm water and use the towel.
- Drink plenty of water or Oresol.
- Remove eye mites with salt water.
- The room needs to be a little dark because their eyes are sensitive to light.
- When there’s cough and phlegm, the doctor gives antibiotics and cough medicine.
- For rashes, it can be wiped out by Calamine lotion.
- Cut the child’s nails and put the gloves in hand. It’s not to catch rashes because it’s a problem.
How to Avoid this:
The vaccine is the most effective metabolism. It is included in the MMR vaccine where it has resistance to Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Infants and children are vaccinated at the health center at the age of 9 months and 15 months. You can also vaccinate the 6-month-old child.
Remember: Measles are deadly. So get the children in the health center vaccinated.